Australian Women Writers


AUSTRALIAN WOMEN WRITERS

I have been disgracefully neglecting my blog posts. Sooooo busy. Working on new novel plus advancing my online author platform and doing the markets. I love chatting to people but it can be draining doing the ones that last for six hours or so. Notice I only mentioned neglecting my writing – nothing about housework. Fortunately, I have the most wonderfully supportive husband in the world. He goes to all the markets with me and is fantastic at telling people about the books and generally promoting me as an author.

I have been doing some reviews for Goodreads. I read so many books, so as well as being a pleasure to do a review it also gets my name out there. Shameless self-promotion Peter tells me. It's okay when he does it???

I have almost finished all of Louise Penny’s books. I can get lost in the little village of Three Pines for hours.  It's on my wish list to go to Canada one day. Haven’t gotten to her latest yet. Something to look forward to.  I almost feel as though I know Louise personally. All writers put something of themselves into their books. Maybe not so much as a protagonist but certainly in the narrative.

I felt the same way with Magda Szubanski’s autobiographical novel The Reckoning. I did a review on Magda’s book and had the privilege of not only meeting her but she also presented me with a signed copy. And I had a warm hug from that remarkable lady.

I’ve also become part of Australian Women Writers. I am amazed at the number of books produced by Aust. Women and the quality. One major problem is how to stop myself reading too much and neglecting my writing which I love equally. Trouble is I can’t curl up in bed and write. I’m sure some people can, just not me. Thanks for the wonderful feedback I have been getting on my books. It’s so good to know that readers are enjoying them. 

Please let me know if I can help you as a writer in breaking into the marketing/promotional scene.

If you have a book you would like me to review, please send me an email with details and if I can fit it in I will certainly try. I don't do non-fiction, children's books, scifi or horror. 

Photo from 'Meet the Author' at Tiffany's coffee shop. So successful  I will be doing another book signing in September. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: A Hint of Darkness

BOOKS PUBLISHED –NOW HOW TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE?

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD