STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD

AUTHOR OR BUSINESS PERSON? You can be an artist & still have a good head for business
Your books are launched, first flurry of sales has slowed, so what now? What happens now separates the authors from the business people. Gone are the days when one of the big publishing houses looked after your marketing. Now its DIY promoting or you are on that slippery downhill slope to obscurity.
As well as living in the age of self-publishing we also live in the age of online opportunities. Okay so there might be a million other books out there to compete with yours, HOW DO YOU MAKE YOURS STAND OUT? Hard work & perseverance is the short answer.
Let’s break that down. Getting your name out there is number one. I’ve had 1000 eye-catching bookmarks printed & I hand them out or leave them where they hopefully will be seen. I’ve started selling my books at local markets.
I am exploring online sales sites other than those listed with CreateSpace/ Amazon.  I am looking at Payhip at the moment. It looks goods. They make payments for your books through Paypal.

I’ll put further updates as I  progress with my Business Venture.
Markets are the go.
Recently visiting Port Douglas market. 
I will be selling my books at the Carlyle Gardens this Saturday  Come & say hello
That's a hat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SMORGASBORD OF LIFE.

BOOKS PUBLISHED –NOW HOW TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE?

Excerpt: A Hint of Darkness