TOWNSVILLE LITERARY FESTIVAL

I’ve just noticed how long it is since I’ve done a post. For a writer this is inexcusable but in my defence I have been very busy doing lots of other writerly things & after speaking to myself very sternly I have extracted a promise (from myself) that this will be a weekly commitment from now on!!! On the writing front I have written two short stories. Self Portrait which I entered in the Josephine Ulrick Literary awards & Mango Winds which was written for WITS Performance Readings at Perc Tucker Gallery on 9th June. I have just had the privilege of being selected to be on the panel of judges for the Townsville City Council Short Story competition for 2012. Also this week which is Qld week City Libraries have organized the Townsville Literary Festival & on Monday I presented an author talk on Interweaving contemporary & historical fiction. My novel which had been put aside while my brain percolated on certain aspects of the layout has now been professionally edited & with just a few Is to dot & a few T’s to cross I will be sending my precious literary offspring out into the harsh world of publishing. I won’t be wasting any time wishing or crossing my fingers. A Hint of Darkness will be published. These days there are many small publishing houses as well as the big boys. It’s a big world out there with countless readers hungry for books that can take them away from the routine of everyday life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: A Hint of Darkness

BOOKS PUBLISHED –NOW HOW TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE?

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD