Melding the mundane with the creative

I have been very remiss in the writing department, but very active in the house building area. We have been building a long time yet still I underestimate the amount of time it takes to do things. A positive in the slow progression of building your own home is that what others take for granted is so utterly gratifying. You buy a house everything is finished & you just walk in. Hey that can be ho-hum. Now with us when something fantastic happens like finally getting water connected to the kitchen it’s an absolutely WOW moment.
So now instead of washing up on the deck, I didn’t really mind that it has a spectacular view, I can simply turn my tap on and voila!!! And the view is still there. I really think there is a book in this. I can see it now- ‘The House that Peter Built.’ But while bedroom walls are being sheeted painted etc, I’ve been guilty of putting my writing on the back burner. Not totally of course. No writer ever does that. So I’m back to holding a brush in one hand and a recorder, note book or some random old sheet of paper close by to take notes. New novel taking shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: A Hint of Darkness

BOOKS PUBLISHED –NOW HOW TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE?

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD