Life in the Tropics

Three exciting & motivating things have happened for me on the writing front during the past two weeks. Firstly, I was privileged to have one of my favourite short stories Miss Josephine of Cherry Tree Bay featured on Dr Hurley’s Snake Oil Cure an American Ezine of very high standard. Check out the site www.snakeoil.com to read Miss J & a host of other stories, poems etc.

And to commemorate Queensland Writers Week, Townsville Writing & Publishing Centre invited Hettie Ashwin, Philip, Shaun Allen & myself to form a discussion group on ‘Beating Writer’s Block’. We presented a mixed bag of genres & age groups. It was a great session, lots of fun and a very responsive audience. I see this as good practice for future panel discussions at Writer’s Festivals.

Third, but not least I have placed A Hint of Darkness in the very capable hands of Michael Fitzgerald-Clarke to do a final copy edit for me. Having my MS professionally edited is the final step in a long line of editing processes, as a friend remarked recently I’ll have to place a sticker on my published book that reads ‘Most edited book of all time’. Once completed I’ll have no excuse for not getting it out there.

All this has completely overshadowed the excitement of painting the main bathroom & toilet!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: A Hint of Darkness

BOOKS PUBLISHED –NOW HOW TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE?

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD