New Year New Start

While we have not grown webbed feet things have been pretty damp in our little corner of the world. Still, while fighting off frogs, geckos & mildew there has been definite progress in two significant areas of my life.

Major project number one- our dream house is in the final stages of completion. That comment has a ring of deja vu but each month, week, day, it becomes more of a reality. The downstairs area is complete. The kitchen is almost finished and I'm sort of using it. In just a week or two (a champagne event for sure) it will be complete. Meanwhile I'm washing up on the deck. I'll almost be sorry to move inside away from the spectacular view of mist shrouded mountains and impossibly green palm fronds and ferns.

Major project number two. My novel A Hint of Darkness is undergoing its final appraisal by my very exacting daughter. ( I hesitate to say nit-picking, but if there is a fault to be found she will find it) Editing a hundred and thirty seven thousand words is a formidable challenge even for a very meticulous writer and total involvement with the story tends to be a distraction. So its now in her very capable hands.

Meanwhile, my Angel book though still in outline form is shaping up nicely. I've had to put Emmaline & Ellie right out of my mind and concentrate on Issabelle. Otherwise its like reading two books at the one time. I know some people can do it. I'm not one of them.

It's part of my time management plan for 2011 to add a post to my blog every week. Starting now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt: A Hint of Darkness

BOOKS PUBLISHED –NOW HOW TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE?

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD